Monday 5 March 2012

Fabric Crisis

So I had an issue with fabric last week because the fabric shop didn't have enough fabric left on the roll. Well today I went back, hoping they would order some more in for me. No such luck. They weren't going to order it for me. AAHHH. Slightly devastated. It was going to be the fabric used for Tracy's dress but there is nowhere near enough for me to use at all. I was so disappointed.



So I had another look around with Rhiannon and we found these two fabrics, a lace sequined fabric and a stretch satin. When we put them together they seemed to work quite well and I think they actually quite suit Edna's design. So this has given me something to think about because instead of using the sequined stretch fabric for Edna, I could use it for Tracy and these two fabrics for Edna.....
With this in mind, I bought some sequined stretch fabric for Tracy's costume. When thinking about the construction of Edna's costume and the difficulty added by sewing with sequins, I feel that this fabric is better suited for Tracy, ready for me to cut... 

No comments:

Post a Comment